Restumping is a crucial step in maintaining the safety and structural integrity of your Sydney home. If you notice signs that your home may need restumping, taking action as soon as possible is critical.
Some common signs that indicate your home might need restumping include:
1. Cracking walls or floors
– if you start to notice disturbing cracks in your walls or floors, this could be a sign that the stumps can no longer provide adequate support and need to be replaced. To find out what causes the cracks, contacting a local restumping specialist is the best choice.
2. Doors and windows not opening or closing properly
– if you find that your doors and windows are sticking or won’t open at all, this could be another sign that the stumps are no longer providing enough support.
3. Visible signs of rot
– if you can see signs of rot on the stumps, they may need to be replaced as soon as possible.
4. Uneven floors
– if you notice that your floor is beginning to slope or dip in certain areas, this could indicate that the stumps no longer offer the appropriate level of support, and it’s critical to be assessed by a professional.
When it comes to restumping, it’s essential to act quickly. If you notice any of these signs in your home, contact A1 Underpinning straight away.